originally a 'transposing' harpsichord made in Antwerp in 1617 by an
unknown maker. It was given a bass ravalement in Paris sometime
between 1742 and 1750. Then it received a major alteration when it was
lavishly decorated and given a bass ravalement in 1750 by François Étienne Blanchet.
Later is was given a treble ravalement in 1786 by Jacques Barberini
and Nicolas Hoffmann.