A Franco-Flemish double-manual harpsichord, originally a transposing harpsichord made in Antwerp in 1617, and then ravalé in Paris, possibly by François Étienne Blanchet in 1750 and then in stages by Jacques Barberini, Paris, c.1775 and then by Nicolas Hoffman, 1786.

 

 

The construction and numbering of the jacks

 

4' jacks

Upper-manual jacks

Lower-manual jacks

Numbering on the 4' jacks

Numbering on the 4' jacks enlarged

Numbering on the 4' jacks detail

             The construction of each section of the extant jacks and the numbering of the 4' jacks.

 

 

The date on the upper-manual jack originally numbered '58'

 

The jacks have been photographed for comparison with those of other makers active around 1750, and in particular those of François Étienne Blanchet.

 

Click on each of the images to download a full-sized image at a scale of 1:1.

 

 

         Return to the main page of this section

 

Home page