originally a 'transposing' harpsichord made in Antwerp in 1617 by an
unknown maker. It was given a bass ravalement in Paris in 1750 by François Étienne Blanchet
and it was later given a treble ravalement in 1786 by Jacques Barberini
and Nicolas Hoffmann.
lid flap painting showing the treble extension.
shows the interior painting of the lid flap after cleaning but before
restoration. The extension at the top was made in 1786 when the
compass was extended upwards by 3 notes from d3 to f3.
The join in the wood where the extension was made is clearly visible.